Zikaron: How Will You Change the World? is an updated and renewed version of past Zikaron experiences. Through participation in this program teens will have the opportunity to socialize with new and old friends, bear witness and learn how they can help prevent future atrocities, and have the opportunity to travel to Washington, D.C. this coming January.
In the 6 sessions prior to travel, teens will:
- Spend time getting to know each other.
- Gain an understanding of the breadth of Jewish Life in Europe pre-World War II.
- Learn about the geo-political situation in Europe during the period between WWI and WWII.
- Grapple with the concepts of collaborator, perpetrators and bystanders.
- Have the opportunity to meet with survivors.