Jewish Community Partners

Application: Lemsky Endowment Fund Grant Teen Israel Experience

2019-2020

These grants are paid to the school or program organizing the travel package for grantees.

Please note: Additional limited financial assistance may be available. Return to www.jcpmemphis.org/lemsky-endowment-fund for a financial aid application.

Any questions about the application should be directed to Gila Golder, ggolder@jcpmemphis.org.

2. Student details:

Date of Birth:

Family Information

Israel and Other Jewish Experiences

I certify that the above information is correct to the best of my knowledge.  

Teen Israel Experience Participant Obligations

Community Service Hours

TIE participants will contribute 15 hours of service to the Jewish community. These hours may be fulfilled in any of Memphis’ Jewish service agencies, congregations, schools and youth groups. Hours performed in the broader Memphis community may count if they are completed under the auspices of a Jewish organization. These hours must be completed before funds will be disbursed. Community service log forms will be provided after application is completed, or by contacting Gila Golder at ggolder@jcpmemphis.org. 

Attendance at an Israel Orientation Session

TIE participants and their parents will attend a pre-trip Israel Orientation Session in the spring of 2019. There will be a choice of two session dates. For teens, the options are Sunday, March 31 at 10:00 am or Wednesday, April 3 at 7:00 pm. For parents, the options are Monday, April 1 at 6:00 pm or Monday, April 8 at 7:00 pm. Attendance at one session is mandatory for funds to be disbursed.

Essay/Newspaper Article

Upon return from Israel, participants will write an essay/newspaper article (500-750 words), reflecting on their summer experience. Essays should describe your program, your personal experiences in Israel, and your feelings about Israel. Essays are due by September 3, 2019. Along with the article, please submit (as a jpg file), a photo of yourself in Israel with an explanatory caption. The caption should identify any other people in the photo and also note where in Israel the photo was taken.

Israel Survey

TIE participants will complete a pre-trip and post-trip Israel survey by e-mail. Parents will also complete a post-trip survey.

Teen Israel Experience 2019 Participant and Parent Agreement Participant Agreement

In accepting a grant from Memphis Jewish Federation for Teen Israel Experience, I agree to the above grant requirements. I also agree to observe all rules of conduct established by the program I have selected. 

Parent/Guardian Agreement and Release

I/We agree to the following:

My son/daughter will fulfill his/her participant’s agreement. My son/daughter’s article and photo from his/her Israel trip may be published in print and online publications and posted on MJF’s web site. If my son/daughter is sent home from Israel for disciplinary reasons or decides to leave the program early, I will reimburse MJF for the full amount of the grant by November 7, 2019. I understand that Memphis Jewish Federation is only providing a scholarship. MJF has no control, responsibility, or liability for the content or quality of any program or for any injury or accident a participant may suffer during the Israel tour. I hereby release MJF from any and all responsibility or liability for any such injury or accident, and agree to defend and indemnify Memphis Jewish Federation with respect hereto. 

Please leave this field empty